Dwarkadhish Temple or Dwarakadheesh temple is one of the holiest site of Chardham Yatra located in Dwarka City of Jamnagar District of Gujrat India. Dwarka City was the city where Lord Krishna an incarnation of Lord Vishnu Kingdom resided . Dwarka Mandir or temple is also known as Jagat Mandir and is believed to be 2,500 years old. Dwarakadheesh is the 108th Divya Desam of Lord Vishnu.
|Temprature||35 -21 C (Summers)
27-13 C (Winters)
|Season Time||November to March|
|Nearest Railway Station||Dwarka Railway Station|
|Nearest Airport||Jamnagar Airport|
Dwarka has a long way back history of ancient periods during the time of Pandavas as in legends. Situated at the bank of Gomati river it was the capital city of Lord Krishna. The ancient city of Dwaraka is submerged in the sea and the remains of the city have been found in underwater excavation by archeologists.
Dwarkadhish Temple is one of the Chardham Site with other sites comprising of Badrinath , Jagannath Puri and Rameshwaram Temple. Dwarkadhish Temple is a 5-storied building, supported by 72 pillars, is known as Jagat Mandir or Nija Mandir, and is believed to be 2,500 years old. Vajranabhji the grandson of Lord Krishna built the temple in 400 BC . But the present temple was built in 16th century and depicts typical Chalukyan style of architecture. There are 60 exquisitely carved pillars. Temple entrance is from north which is also known as Moksha Dwaar and south entrance is known as Sawarga Dwaar. The deity of Lord Dwarkadhish is made of shiny black stone and is about 2.25 ft in height and the four hands of the deity carry a conch, the Sudarshana Chakra, a mace and a lotus.
Darshan Timing- Morning 6.30 to Afternoon 13.00 and Evening 5.00 to 9.30
|Morning 6.30||Mangla Arti|
|7.00 to 8.00||Mangla Darshan|
|8.00 to 9.00||Abhishek Pooja: Darshan Closed|
|9.00 to 9.30||Shringar Darshan|
|9.30 to 9.45||Snanbhog : Darshan Closed|
|9.45 to 10.15||Shringar Darshan|
|10.15 to 10.30||Shringarbhog: Darshan Closed|
|10.30 to 10.45||Shringar Arti|
|11.05 to 11.20||Gwal Bhog: Darshan Closed|
|11.20 to 12.00||Darshan|
|12.00 to 12.20||Rajbhog: Darshan Closed|
|12.20 to 12.30||Darshan|
|13.00||Anosar, Darshan Closed|
|5.00 Uthappan||First Darshan|
|5.30 to 5.45||Uthappan Bhog: Darshan Closed|
|5.45 to 7.15||Darshan|
|7.15 to 7.30||Sandhya Bhog: Darshan Closed|
|7.30 to 7.45||Sandhya Arti|
|8.00 to 8.10||Shayanbhog: Darshan Closed|
|8.10 to 8.30||Darshan|
|8.30 to 8.35||Shayan Arti|
|8.35 to 9.00||Darshan|
|9.00 to 9.20||Bantabhog and Shayan : Darshan Closed|
|9.20 to 9.30||Darshan|
|9.30||Darshan Mandir Closed|
Dwarka Places to See
- Nageshwar Temple- One of the Jyotirlinga It is also one of the holy pilgrimage site dedicated to Lord Shiva . It is located about 8 km from here.
- Bhadkeshwar Temple- Bhadkeshwar Temple is surrounded by the sea.
- Shri Jagatguru Shankaracharya Math
- Light House
- Bet Dwarka – Also knwon as Shankhoddar Island it is located about 32 km from Dwaraka . It is believed that Lord Krishna Lived here. It is 5 km away by sea from Okha.
- Hanuman Mandir- Located in Bet Dwarka here is a temple dedicated to Lord hanuman . It is believed that here only Hanuman fought with hs son Makaradhwaja.
- Mithapur- A model township of Tata Chemical Factory and can be visited by permission only.
- Rukmini Mandir – Here lies a temple about 1600 years old dedicated to Rukmani wife of Lord Krishna.
- Gopi Talav – It is a religious place at the outskirts of Dwarka about 23 km from here .
- Harshad Mata Temple – Temple situated at the base of Koyla hills is located about 58 Km from here. Harsidhi temple is also known by name of Ambica Mataji and Kalki Mataji.
- Okha – Located about 32 km from here it is one of the important ports of Gujrat
How to Reach Dwarkadhish Temple
Dwarakadheesh temple located in Dwarka city of Gujarat is an important pilgrimage destination of Gujarat and of India and is very well connected via all the modes of transport. Dwarka is well connected via roads and railway network to various other popular cities of Gujarat and other states.
By Air – Jamnagar Airport is the nearest airport to Dwarka about 121 km from here and Rajkot Airport about 225 km . Kingfisher, Spicejet, Goair and Jet Airways operate regular flights to these places from various major cities of India.
By Train- Ahemdabad the capital city of Gujarat is about 450 km from here and is well connected with railway network and by road. Dwarka Railway Station is located about 2 km from here.
By Road- Dwarka is well connected via road to major cities of Gujarat and nearby states. Govt buses from various cities of Gujarat have services to this pious pilgrimage spot, various private tour operators also provide services to Dwarka temple.