Jodhpur and Udaipur with the Ranakpur Jain Temples for 4 Days at $1116 from Yampu
Duration – 4 days
Price – $1116
- One way airfare from Delhi to Jodhpur and Udaipur to Delhi
- All accommodations with continental or buffet breakfast
- Service of deluxe air conditioned vehicle with driver
- One time entrance fees at all monuments
- Boat ride on Lake Pichola
- Services of English speaking local guide for excursions
- All currently applicable taxes, including service tax
Day 1: Flight to Jodhpur. Upon arrival, airport reception and transfer to your hotel. Once settled in, you will begin an afternoon tour of the city. Exploring the second largest city of Rajasthan, you will first visit the Mehangarh Fort. Within its great walls (which remain scarred from cannon balls), you can meander through its impressive courtyards and many small palaces. Of these, the most notable palaces to visit are Moti Mahal (Pearl Palace), Phool Mahal (Flower Palce), Sheesh Mahal (Mirror Palace), Sileh Khana and Daulat Khana. Spend the remainder of the day at leisure to explore the city or perhaps walk through the colorful bizarres.
Day 2: Begin your drive south from Jodhpur to Udaipur. This is approximately a 5-6 hour drive, but will be broken up by visiting the Jain Temples of Ranakpur. The largest Jain temple boasts over 1400 marble pillars that are carved in exquisite detail. Opposite this temple, you will also visit the much older Sun Temple. Then you will continue your drive to Udaipur. Once checked in at your hotel, you will have the rest of the day at leisure.
Day 3: This morning you will begin by visiting the City Palace Museum that preserves the architectural extravagance of the palace; the granite and marble balconies, lavish arches and cupolas, and octagonal towers that offer fine views of the surrounding lake and city. Adjacent to the north entrance, you will then visit the Jagdish Temple.Later in the afternoon, you can relax on a boat cruise upon the serene Lake Pichola. You will be able to see the fascinating Jagmandir Island Palace. Before returning to your hotel, you will also have time to peruse through the open air markets that sprawl behind the City Palace.
Day 4: Transfer to the airport for your flight to New Delhi or continue with the Yampu Tours add-on of your choice.
Double- $1116(3-Star), $1480(4-Star), $1980(5-Star), $2972(Deluxe)
Single- $1695(3-Star), $2358(4-Star), $3297(5-Star), $5189(Deluxe)
3-star Ratan Vilas, or similar
4-star Ajit Bhavan, or similar
5-star Balsamand Lake Palace, or similar
Deluxe Umaid Bhawan Palace, or similar
3-star Ram Pratap Palace, or similar
4-star Trident Udaipur, or similar
5-star Fateh Prakash Palace, or similar
Deluxe Taj Lake Palace, or similar
- All travelers require a passport valid up to six months after their intended stay in India. While in India, passports are also required to have at least two blank pages.
- For citizens of most countries including the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and members of the EU, an Indian visa is required to enter and exit India for any purpose. All visitors must apply for visas at an Indian Embassy or Consulate abroad before entering the country. Visas are not available upon arrival.
- Although yellow fever is not a disease risk in India, the government requires travelers arriving from countries with risk of yellow fever virus transmission to present proof of yellow fever vaccination. Besides this, there are no other vaccine requirements, although it is wise to be up to date on your routine inoculations. All travelers should consult their physician or a travel health clinic with plenty of time before their departure date.
For more information visit: yampu.com/en/trips/jodhpur-and-udaipur/